The 12th meeting of the PPHSN Coordinating Body (CB) (with the new members) took place in Noumea, at IRD (Institut de Recherche et de développment) from Tuesday 4 July (starting at 1:30 pm) to Friday 7 July, 2006
- Welcome & Election of a Chairperson for the 12th CB meeting.
- Meeting’s agenda and timetable
- Updates: PPHSN ‘standard’ presentation for CB members’ use and reference.
- PPHSN allied membership and PPHSN-CB renewal
- Review of progress since 11th PPHSN-CB meeting, incl. debriefing from:
- recent meetings and
- global, regional and national initiatives:
PICT surveillance developments
Pandemic influenza (incl. avian flu) preparedness
- Pacific Regional Influenza Pandemic Preparedness Project
- Role of the PPHSN-CB and ISG: discussion
- Training/EpiNet team capacity building
- Workforce development
- Short course
- PPHSN publications, incl. the Directory of resources
- Influenza lab-based surveillance project
- Leptospirosis surveillance project report
- Dengue-related initiatives
- Water testing
- HIV surveillance (incl. ADB)
- Health-related surveys
- MDG framework
- Information database @ SPC
- IHR and PPHSN – Role of PPHSN mechanisms in IHR implementation. Discussion–especially on PacNet-restricted: role and membership.
- Workplan 2004-2006, where are at? Report and next steps.
- Way forward with the PPHSN Strategic Framework
Word 377kb PDF 153kb
List of Participants