Within the framework of the PPSHN, the Secretariat of the Pacific Community, with the financial assistance of ADB, France and NZAID (through PREPARE project) organised the regional workshop “LabNet 2006” from July 31 to August 4 2006 in Noumea, New Caledonia.
- Meeting announcement (pdf 42 KB)
- Agenda/Timetable (pdf 31 KB)
- List of participants (pdf 25 KB)
- Summary of questionnaires on Lab performances and training issues (Group Work Session 1) (pdf 75 KB)
- Development Plans (Group Work Session 2) (pdf, 19 KB)
- Minutes of LabNet Technical Working Body Post Meeting Assessment (pdf, 40 KB)
The workshop objectives were:
- to update the participants on the progress of LabNet development, which will include a discussion on lab-based surveillance activities.
- to assess the current situation of lab testing and specimen shipment with regards to PPHSN target diseases, and plan further developments particularly for pandemic flu preparedness
- to review and discuss the linkages and support available through reference laboratories of the Australian and New Zealand Public Health Laboratory Network.
- to discuss and clarify the technical aspects of laboratory tests available for the PPHSN target diseases.
- to discuss participants experiences in the use of rapid tests (lepto, dengue and influenza).
- to further assess training needs of laboratory health professionals and to demonstrate test methods.